LJ Hooker Athletics Whangarei has been designated by the Northland Athletics and Gymnastics Stadium Trust as the administrator of the track and associated facilities.
Bookings are made through this website (click here) and need to be made 72 hours prior to the date required (preferably earlier). Confirmation will be emailed within 24 hours of receipt of the application.
- Eight (8) lane all weather athletics track (conforming to IAAF specifications)
- Dual run-ups for long jump/triple jump/javelin (north/south)
- Dual run-up for pole vault (east/west)
- Circles for hammer/discus/shotput
- Inside steeplechase water jump
- High jump fan
- Back straight also marked for high hurdles (not including 110mH), finishing at 200m mark
- Currently no access to electronic timing or wind speed indicators
- Note also the infield is not available for javelin, discus or hammer between May and September (inclusive).
If you have not viewed the track please visit the following links:
Facilities for individuals wishing to use the track are available (ie, the option of purchasing electronic access). See the charges page for more information. If you have any queries about this please email us.
Please click here for details of how to request a booking.