Location, facilities and track
We are located at Kensington Park in Whangarei. Click here for a map of our location.
Currently we are using the Northland Athletics track. An explanation of the track layout and markings, plus a track diagram, are provided in the section below. The ancillary facilities comprise a spectator stand and club accommodation with full changing room facilities.
All-weather track markings
- Solid straight white lines across the track for start of 110, 100, 80, 70, 60, 40 (back straight starts at 100m, north end).
- Solid curved white line across the track for start of 800 (when first bend not run in lanes), 1500, 2000 (also 1200), 2000 steeplechase (second line back from finish), 3000 (also 600 and 1000), 3000 steeplechase (back straight), 5000, 10000, one mile (first line back from finish).
- Solid white line across each lane for start of 150, 200, 300, 400, centre of each of first two sprint relay changeover area.
- Solid straight white line with green mark in centre across each lane for start of 800 when first bend run in lanes, 4x400 relay when only the first bend run in lanes.
- Solid straight white line with blue mark in centre across each lane for start of 4x400 relay when whole first leg and first bend of second leg run in lanes.
- Solid green curved line across track from lane 2 to outside for break line of 800 when first bend run in lanes, 4x400 relay (either first or second lap break).
- Straight blue line in (in centre of lane) across track, 10m either side of finish line marks start and finish of 4x400 relay changeover area.
- Straight solid blue line (half arrowhead) across each lane marks start and finish of 4x400 relay changeover area (first change when first leg and first bend of second leg run in lanes).
- Solid straight yellow line (half arrowhead) across each lane marks start and finish of each 4x100 relay changeover area.
- Solid straight blue line in middle of each lane marks start of acceleration box for 4x100 relay.
- Solid curved white lines across the outside four lanes allows for split starts in long distance races, green mark at start of straight on the inside of lane 5, break point for split start.
- Pink - 70 hurdles (H&B strt).
- Yellow - 100 hurdles (H&B strt).
- Blue - 110 hurdles (H strt).
- Black - 80 Hurdles (H&B strt).
- Green - 300/400 hurdles (only at sides of lane) around track.
- From south end on home straight.
- From north end on back straight (no 110m hurdles, 100m is first start line).
Steeplechase barrier marks
- Blue square (inside lane 1 and outside lane 3), one after start, two after 1500m, three before 200m, water jump (inside track) and four in home straight.
- White triangle on javelin run-up - point of pulling measuring tape through.