- Your club is affiliated to Athletics New Zealand, the governing body of athletics in New Zealand and a member of the IAAF.
Click here for details of what that means.
- "Registered" means registered with Athletics New Zealand.
- "Club" means athletics club affiliated with Athletics New Zealand.
- "Club facilities" includes all the ASB Sports Arena athletics facilities (buildings and track).
- "Club events" includes competition organised by any of the club sub-committees (children’s, harriers and senior track and field).
- Election of officers: "A representative of masters" means a representative of all the registered members of Athletics Whangarei who fall into the masters age categories.
- "Club website" means the online website of the club at the address www.athleticswhangarei.co.nz.
Athletics New Zealand
As an International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) member, Athletics New Zealand is tasked with enhancing and promoting all aspects of athletics activity in New Zealand including track and field athletics, cross country running, mountain running, road running and walking and associated programmes and development initiatives.
Opportunities provided range from fundamental movement skills programmes, to club nights, to regional, national and international level competition.
As a registered member of Athletics Whangarei (an affiliated athletics club) you are a member of Athletics New Zealand. These are some of the things that Athletics New Zealand provides for its membership:
- Weekly news update, monthly club newsletter, access to athletics videos and details of TV coverage.
- Insurance (both public and statutory liability).
- Officials training/development.
- Coaching development.
- Competition rules.
- National/regional championships/grand prix programme.
- Calendar/results (plus archives).
- National rankings (including athlete details plus coaches).
- Club/centre contact details.
- Links to delivery partners viz. NZ Masters Athletics, NZ Secondary Schools Athletics, NZ Childrens Athletics.
- Details of athletics scholarships.
- Anti-doping policy.
- High performance (including backing from Sport NZ and High Performance Sport NZ).
- Carding/performance potential squad.
- Selection and support for international representation.
- Staffing expertise.
For further details visit www.athletics.org.nz.